Whenever we return from traveling (or at the end of some important experience), we’ll commonly ask each other: How was the trip? It gives us an opportunity to reflect on things we enjoyed, things we didn’t enjoy, things we learned, and things we’ll carry with us forever.
Here at the end of our 10-week journey (i.e. parental leave), which involved going to Korea to get our baby and 8 weeks of creating a family with Ethan, it’s a good time for us to reflect on our trip.
General Highlights …
- Time in Korea. We enjoyed our time there, experiencing a new culture.
- Making new friends at the Korean Methodist churches, especially the small group with whom we spent our first evening with Ethan.
- Spending time with Ethan, getting to know him, sometimes entertaining him, and many times being entertained.
- Introducing Ethan to family and friends.
- Completing our dissertations (mostly).
- Memorializing this experience and inviting others on the journey with us, through this Web space.
We’re grateful for God’s incredible gifts to us. And we look forward continuing this journey with God and each other.