Lenten Prayer Guide
Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life. (Psalm 143:8)
- Thank God for this day.
- Give this day to God. Ask for his guidance throughout this day.
- Tell God you trust him; you trust him with this day, with your life, with the lives of your loved ones.
- Ask the Lord to show you his unfailing love. (Where do you need to see God’s unfailing love? In what situation? In what relationship?)
Those who know your name trust in you, for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you. (Psalm 9:10)
The one who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not trust in an idol or swear by a false god. (Psalm 24:4)
- What/who do I trust more than God? (What are my idols?)
- “Forgive me, Lord. Purify me. Help me to learn to trust in you and you alone.”
… trusts God who justifies the ungodly … (Romans 4:5)
… Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst. (1 Timothy 1:15)
- Thank God for his salvation, a salvation in which you can trust.
In you our ancestors put their trust; they trusted and you delivered them. (Psalm 22:4)
- Remember God’s faithfulness in the past: his faithfulness to our biblical ancestors, to your family, to you.
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. (Romans 15:13)