Stewardship is about honoring God with what he’s blessed us with. One of God’s gifts is time. And, it’s a precious gift, because in the grand scheme of things, our time on earth is extremely brief!
Lord, remind me how brief my time on earth will be. Remind me that my days are numbered—how fleeting my life is. (Psalm 39.4, NLT)
So, we want to make the most of our time on the planet.
Teach us to number our days so we can have a wise heart. (Psalm 90.12, CEB)
Of all of the ways we might honor God with our time, here are 5 that I think are critically important …
- Connect with God! (prayer, reading Scripture, worship, etc.)
- Serve God’s purposes in the world!
- Spend quality and quantity time with family (or primary relationships)!
- Create margin! (sabbath, rest, self-care, etc.)
- “Ruthlessly eliminate hurry!” (John Ortberg)
What other ways do you think help us honor God with our time?