We recently posted a prayer guide for leaders that’s a couple of years old. We’ve since started working on a prayer guide for married couples. This guide grows out of a desire for us to be more intentional about praying together and/or praying for one another. It’s a work-in-progress, which means it will probably go through a lot of revisions in the next few weeks (and will always change according to our needs), but we thought we’d go ahead and post it, so, here it is. Of course, you may have to tweak it to fit your own needs.
Couples’ Prayer Guide
Sunday :: Surrender
- Pray that we will be completely yielded to God.
- Pray that we will be whole-hearted in our devotion to God.
- Pray that we be persistent and persevering on the journey.
Monday :: Character / Integrity
- Pray for one another’s character development.
- Pray for one another’s purity.
- Pray that our character always outpaces our gifts.
Tuesday :: Marriage
- Pray that we maintain/grow a loving relationship.
- Pray that we maintain oneness/intimacy.
- Pray that we communicate well.
Wednesday :: Parenting
- Pray for God’s wisdom.
- Pray that our home will be a place of peace.
- Pray that we will “train up” our child well.
Thursday :: Growth
- Pray for one another’s spiritual growth.
- Pray that we remain committed to being lifelong learners.
- Pray for one another’s gift development.
Friday :: Health / Well-Being
- Pray for one another’s health and well-being.
- Pray that we consistently exercise and eat well.
- Pray that we consistently take time off each day, days off each week, and vacation time.
Saturday :: Legacy / Impact
- Pray that our lives impact others.
- Pray that we remain good stewards.
- Pray that we make a difference for eternity.