So, what’s next? We’re certainly not done yet, but our to-do list is getting much shorter …
- Our mentor will receive our drafts this evening. He’s going to look over them one more time, then deliver them to the doctor of ministry office by Friday.
- Once the doctor of ministry office receives them, they will begin scheduling our defenses, which should be somewhere around 6 weeks from now (around the end of our parental leave).
- When the doctor of ministry office receives our drafts, they’ll go immediately to an editor, who will use a lot of red ink on them (like last time).
- While we wait for the edits to be returned to us, we both plan to develop the literature review section (which is never really done till the end).
- We’ll get the edited copies back in a couple weeks, and will have another couple weeks to make the corrections and edits.
- After making corrections and edits, we will mail 3 defense-ready copies of our drafts to the doctor of ministry office (one for each member of our dissertation committee).
- At the time of our defenses, we will travel to the Asbury campus in Wilmore, KY.
- If our defenses are successful, we will have 2 weeks to make further, final revisions (changes recommended by our dissertation committee at our defenses).
- Our post-defense drafts will be edited by an editor one final time, which means we will have to make corrections one more time.
- Finally, at the end of the process, we will submit final copies, a minimum of 5 printed copies of our final drafts (for binding), plus any extras we want, I suppose.
The list still looks long, but it will keep moving and it should be manageable (with God’s help). The light at the end of the tunnel continues to get brighter and brighter!
And our gratitude to God, who continues to work out all the details, keeps getting stronger and stronger as well!